Where is the OU source located these days?

Discussions About CyanWorlds.com Engine Client & Plugin
cjkelly1
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:08 am

Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by cjkelly1 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:41 pm

Where can one get the source for the current CWE-ou and MOULSCRIPT-ou? It appears that the mercurial repositories on OU do not contain the latest code (or I am overlooking it). II am seeing that the last commit on CWE-ou seems to be Jan 2014, and the MOULSCRIPT-ou is July 2013.

I apologize if there was a new location announced and I simply missed it.

Thanks


Edit: I am looking in these places:

https://foundry.openuru.org/hg/CWE-ou
https://foundry.openuru.org/hg/MOULSCRIPT-ou/

User avatar
JWPlatt
Member
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:32 pm
Location: Everywhere, all at once

Re: Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by JWPlatt » Thu May 26, 2016 1:10 am

Rarified will weigh in on your issue, I'm sure.

We also have the repos on BitBucket which Foundry mirrors.

https://bitbucket.org/OpenUru_org/cwe-ou
https://bitbucket.org/OpenUru_org/moulscript-ou
Perfect speed is being there.

User avatar
rarified
Member
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:48 pm
Location: Colorado, US

Re: Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by rarified » Thu May 26, 2016 1:15 am

I'm not at a location where I can look easily, but those may reflect the code that is running on MOULa right now.

MInkata has a set of updates in the Minkata-Specific repository but they have not been vetted yet due to database corruption that I need to fix (and just have not gotten time to do so yet.)

The BitBucket and Foundry repositories are synchronized every 15 minutes so it should not matter which source you use.

I will look again when I'm at a reasonable computer...

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

User avatar
Hoikas
Member
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Re: Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by Hoikas » Thu May 26, 2016 2:04 am

rarified wrote:I'm not at a location where I can look easily, but those may reflect the code that is running on MOULa right now.
If they don't, then MOULa is violating the GPL license...
Image

cjkelly1
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:08 am

Re: Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by cjkelly1 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:22 am

admin wrote:Rarified will weigh in on your issue, I'm sure.

We also have the repos on BitBucket which Foundry mirrors.

https://bitbucket.org/OpenUru_org/cwe-ou
https://bitbucket.org/OpenUru_org/moulscript-ou

Perhaps I am simply looking in the wrong place? I look at https://bitbucket.org/OpenUru_org/moulscript-ou and click on "downloads", which in most other repos gives you the latest source. I get a file, but the file date on the contents of the archive are all 07-08-2013, which matches the date of the last recorded commit. This is the same as what is available from the OU hosted repo.

User avatar
rarified
Member
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:48 pm
Location: Colorado, US

Re: Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by rarified » Thu May 26, 2016 4:20 am

I just looked at CWE-ou and it does have the public source used at MOULa right now.

Jenkins shows https://foundry.openuru.org/hg/CWE-ou to be the source for build 1.918.OpenUru#131, which is what is running there right now.

It includes a merge done 2014-01-02 by C. Walther for Cyan's internally produced build 918.

So yes, that is the correct source. I will have to look at the 'download' feature on BitBucket to see that it is pulling the head of the CWE-ou tree.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

cjkelly1
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:08 am

Re: Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by cjkelly1 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:56 am

rarified wrote:I just looked at CWE-ou and it does have the public source used at MOULa right now.

Jenkins shows https://foundry.openuru.org/hg/CWE-ou to be the source for build 1.918.OpenUru#131, which is what is running there right now.

It includes a merge done 2014-01-02 by C. Walther for Cyan's internally produced build 918.

So yes, that is the correct source. I will have to look at the 'download' feature on BitBucket to see that it is pulling the head of the CWE-ou tree.

_R

Okay. I guess I was not expecting to see that there were no client updates at all for over two years. Is it safe to assume that there have also been no MOULSCRIPT updates in 2.5 years, as well?

Christian Walther
Member
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:54 am

Re: Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by Christian Walther » Thu May 26, 2016 11:17 am

The current MOULa script state is MOULSCRIPT 72440f142039, which is one commit ahead of the MOULSCRIPT-ou commit you mention. There simply hasn’t been a reason to pull it over yet (but thanks for the reminder, as I just see it’s not in MOULSCRIPT-ou-minkata yet either, where it should be).

Traditionally, the source to MOULa has been in the CWE and MOULSCRIPT repositories (not CWE-ou and MOULSCRIPT-ou). With clients built by the foundry, this is in the process of changing to CWE-ou (and probably MOULSCRIPT-ou, I don’t know), and as far as I remember we haven’t reached a decision yet on what to do with CWE. It might be dropped entirely.

User avatar
JWPlatt
Member
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:32 pm
Location: Everywhere, all at once

Re: Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by JWPlatt » Thu May 26, 2016 2:17 pm

Christian Walther wrote:...With clients built by the foundry, this is in the process of changing to CWE-ou...
To specify, cjkelly1 might not be aware that Openuru.org's Foundry recently began building the MOULa client instead of Cyan for distribution by the MOULa server.
Perfect speed is being there.

User avatar
rarified
Member
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:48 pm
Location: Colorado, US

Re: Where is the OU source located these days?

Post by rarified » Thu May 26, 2016 3:00 pm

Christian Walther wrote:Traditionally, the source to MOULa has been in the CWE and MOULSCRIPT repositories (not CWE-ou and MOULSCRIPT-ou). With clients built by the foundry, this is in the process of changing to CWE-ou (and probably MOULSCRIPT-ou, I don’t know), and as far as I remember we haven’t reached a decision yet on what to do with CWE. It might be dropped entirely.
I expect at most that it will be changed to read-only as an historical archive, at least that is my opinion.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Post Reply

Return to “CyanWorlds.com Engine - Client & Plugin”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest