got an new 3d Card and was wondering about building Moula Client with directx 12 support in it?

Discussions About CyanWorlds.com Engine Client & Plugin
maximalprime2

got an new 3d Card and was wondering about building Moula Client with directx 12 support in it?

Post by maximalprime2 »

I was wondering about openuru clients and future support for new features like for example the support of Direct3D feature level 12_1 can uru online clients be updated to support new effects in uru, for example most of all my games can run at 4k with the DSR - Factors 4.00x which is 4k mode for games on either my tv set or computer screen also I am using an one of my old Geforce GTX 680 3D card to Dedicate to PhysX while the output video is from the new card I got.

I would try and compile it with Directx 12 but the compiling software listed online as far as I know can't handle Directx 12 as far as I can tell the app listed onllne for making the compiled biniaries is 6GB in size, and I don't want to download that amount of data since its an old software title called "Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Express Edition for Windows Desktop" and its web link is broken, since you need to search for the one with update 4 in the title on their website, which says its an 6GB exe file.

is their any better information online about making binaries than the information on https://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/CWE:Getting_Started
I was looking for some downloadable files that don't take 6GB in size to create them that seems too much for compiling the source files with maybe the option of directx 12 graphic features if its even possible to do so with this game.

getting any new features that can show off my new GeForce GTX 1050 Ti in uru online would be great if someone can compile binaries that support the newest PhysX and or Directx 12 (Direct3D feature level: 12_1) or some features in uru online from the old "Direct3D feature level: 11_0" Directx 11 , not sure but I think Directx 12 on windows 10 with uru online binaries supporting that in MOULa Client would be great too for future OpenURU builds of the engine.

I was looking at the information from this webpage for it "https://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/CWE:Getting_Started".

My new hardware information below
I took out one of my old Geforce GTX 680 cards to put in it that Geforce 1050 Ti card, it used to support Sli mode but with that new card I don't need that anymore I think, it equals to the old ones somewhat with new Directx 12 support which should be good for new games at least I think. I would of used all 3 cards but doing so I would have to of removed my blutooth card with wifi features to fit it into my gigabyte motherboard but it only would be usabe with CUDA - GPUs would use all 3 cards but again I don't think that needed and my 3D card fans would be too close to each other in my computers case, so I am not using all 3 cards for that reason only, since I can use either wifi card with blutooth or eithernet connect with my Linksys Dual-band Wireless and gaming video adapter, but I like the blutooth for audio playback so I keep the card in for that reason plus the too close to each one reason my gigabyte motherboard was made for sli 3 card but that not needed with one PNY GeForce GTX 1050 Ti card, I don't see any good reason to use sli based 3D cards anymore.

[My new Display card]
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: PNY GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Driver version: 382.05
Direct3D API version: 12
Direct3D feature level: 12_1
CUDA Cores: 768
Core clock: 1366 MHz
Memory data rate: 7008 MHz
Memory interface: 128-bit
Memory bandwidth: 112.13 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 20439 MB
Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 16343 MB
Video BIOS version: 86.07.39.00.46
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

[My Old Display card]
GPU processor: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660
Driver version: 382.05
Direct3D API version: 12
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores: 960
Core clock: 1032 MHz
Memory data rate: 6008 MHz
Memory interface: 192-bit
Memory bandwidth: 144.19 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 18391 MB
Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 16343 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.06.10.00.3D
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
maximalprime2

Re: got an new 3d Card and was wondering about building Moula Client with directx 12 support in it?

Post by maximalprime2 »

Also I have the old Uru Path of the shell game plus the uru offline main game I had to use the widescreen patcher to get 3840 by 2160 4k mode in the offline version of the game so far it works great, since its an unsupported mode for the old game but seems to work just fine. I found the working app at this website "http://www.wsgf.org/article/universal-w ... ws-patcher"

again I used it to get DSR Factors 4.00x to work in Myst Uru my offline game I brought both path of the shell and the main game an long time ago like its been many years just now replaying it with my new Geforce 1050 Ti card that supports the 4k mode very good compared to my old Sli cards, I wanted to share that info about getting that 4k mode to work with other users that also it can get 1920 x 1080 working too in the Path of the shell game, again I don't think their was any patches that I can remember that fixes or patches to the offline game for widescreen resolutions like 1920x1080 or 3840x2160 anyway I hope that helps others that still own their copy of the offline title of Myst uru.

* also I got an new keyboard it's an Razer Chroma support keyboard, in any case it would be an great feature in uru online if it supported these keyboards like Obduction does with its patched added these effects to that other game.

like following Chroma effects to Obduction (minor spoilers ahead): but instead some effects for uru online would be great if that's an feature that can be added to the MOULa Client.

? Idling cyan + black breathing effect when in main menu
? Breathing effect between two prominent colors in the current world
? Linking effect between worlds (keyboard only)
? Picture-taking flash effect

and the last thing would be NVIDIA HDR support and NVIDIA Ansel support in MOULa Client ( Myst URU online )

but I am not sure if HDR support works right under PNY Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB model 3D card, colors in obduction didn't look right from what I remember for that feature effect, maybe its meant only for tv sets and not computer monitors. and I am not even sure what NVIDIA Ansel does at all I have yet to see any games use it as far as I know about it.
Mac_Fife

Re: got an new 3d Card and was wondering about building Moula Client with directx 12 support in it?

Post by Mac_Fife »

maximalprime2 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 9:22 pm is their any better information online about making binaries than the information on https://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/CWE:Getting_Started
I was looking for some downloadable files that don't take 6GB in size to create them that seems too much for compiling the source files with maybe the option of directx 12 graphic features if its even possible to do so with this game.
I don't know what you mean by "better information" - what exactly is it that you think is missing from the information that already exists? Basically, people will have documented what they know works and it's a bit much to expect that documentation to cover building for scenarios that the developers haven't tried to do themselves.

Your choices are pretty limited as far as tools go: All the solution/make files that control the client build are for the 2010 or 2013 versions of Visual Studio, so far as I'm aware. If you want to go to VS 2015 or the preview VS 2017 (or A.N.Other compiler) then you'll be climbing the burning rope on getting the build files modified to work with your chosen toolset. That 6.5GB download is presumably for the whole of VS and not just Visual C++ plus the common bits but it may be all there is for the 2013 version now (the web installer for VS 2015 for Desktop is only 208kB, but that's just the initial downloader - who knows how much of a download that'll kick off). Aside from that, you've got about 2.5GB of source code to download, plus a heap of other SDKs and libraries that are not redistributable as part of Open Source that you need to download and in some cases build.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

The short answer here is "no" ;)

Return to “CyanWorlds.com Engine - Client & Plugin”