Encryption Tools

Discussions About MOSS (Myst Online Server Software)

Moderators: a'moaca', rarified

Mystler

Encryption Tools

Post by Mystler »

Hey,
are there any known tools for encrypting the python and sdl files with the encryption.key yet? I didn't really find one in the CWE.
Oh, and btw, how do i compile and pack the python.pak file to work with the new source? Which Python version and compiler do i need?

Thank you,
~Mystler
a'moaca'

Re: Encryption Tools

Post by a'moaca' »

There are two programs in CWE that you would need. I found them both in MOULOpenSourceClientPlugin/Plasma20/Sources/Plasma/Apps/.

The first is plPythonPack, which creates a .pak file, and the second is plFileEncrypt. I don't know how much effort it would be to build them, but they ought to just work if you find these in the list of projects, and Build them. I have never tried so have fun. :)

I'd be a bit careful with plFileEncrypt, because it wants to do a whole directory, so take care not to double-encrypt stuff. MOSS has a simple encryption/decryption program you can use. Compile it with "make ntd" and then the program is named... ntd. I do not have a good alternative for building the .pak file so I would definitely use the CWE one (the CWE one adds in the glue, which nothing I ever wrote knew to do, plus I always used a fairly manual process).

- a'moaca'
Mystler

Post by Mystler »

Okay, i will try it out within the next days. (Depends on the actual Steam release date of Portal 2. xD)
Mystler

Post by Mystler »

Got everything to work. The tools needed are plPythonPack and plFileSecure. I wrote a guide on how to compile and use them here:
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=552#p4205

Return to “MOSS”