Compiling Error

Discussions About MOSS (Myst Online Server Software)

Moderators: a'moaca', rarified

Rael

Compiling Error

Post by Rael »

Before opening an artifact into the bugtracking system, I'd like to ask you if I'm doing something wrong.
Here's what I did (I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 x64):
- Get Mercurial
- Clone repository
- Check and obtain the dependencies
- ./bootstrap.sh
- ./configure
- make

But during the "make" phase I got some strange error, here's the end of the terminal output, if you need the whole output of "make" just tell me and I'll provide it ASAP:

Code: Select all

mv -f .deps/moss_backend.Tpo .deps/moss_backend.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.   -I/usr/include/postgresql      -g -O2 -MT backend_all.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/backend_all.Tpo -c -o backend_all.o backend_all.cc
In file included from backend_all.cc:82:0:
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void VaultFetchNode_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:1016:8: error: ‘pqxx::binarystring::binarystring’ names the constructor, not the type
db_requests.h:1016:41: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘blob’
db_requests.h:1016:48: error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function
db_requests.h:1017:33: error: ‘blob’ was not declared in this scope
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void GetGlobalSDL::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:2787:5: error: ‘pqxx::binarystring::binarystring’ names the constructor, not the type
db_requests.h:2787:38: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘blob’
db_requests.h:2787:45: error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function
db_requests.h:2788:23: error: ‘blob’ was not declared in this scope
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void GetVaultSDL::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:2841:5: error: ‘pqxx::binarystring::binarystring’ names the constructor, not the type
db_requests.h:2841:38: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘blob’
db_requests.h:2841:45: error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function
db_requests.h:2842:23: error: ‘blob’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [backend_all.o] Errore 1
make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/home/rael/Myst/MOSS"
make: *** [all] Errore 2

Addendum: Also tried under OpenSUSE 11.4 x64 and got the same error, and at the moment there is no mercurial port for PPC Macs, so at the moment of writing I have not yet attempted the compilation.
Thanks for the support,
R
a'moaca'

Re: Compiling Error

Post by a'moaca' »

:shock: How did this ever compile? :lol:

Please pull changeset 3 and try again. Apparently you are using a version of the compiler I have not encountered yet.

- a'moaca'
rplawrence

Post by rplawrence »

Try installing 'postgresql-server-dev-8.4'

Also, once moss is built and installed be sure to run 'ldconfig -v' from root.
Rael

Post by Rael »

Whoa cool! I'll be the first tester in this platform! Anyway, by pulling rev 3 from mercurial the error I reported before finally disapperared! Now I have another bug, anyway.
Here's the snippet:

Code: Select all

mv -f .deps/moss_backend.Tpo .deps/moss_backend.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.   -I/usr/include/pgsql      -g -O2 -MT backend_all.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/backend_all.Tpo -c -o backend_all.o backend_all.cc
In file included from backend_all.cc:82:0:
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void AuthAcctLogin_AcctQuery::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:223:29: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void AuthAcctLogin_PlayerQuery::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:325:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void AuthValidateKI::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:374:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void AuthChangePassword::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:417:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:419:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:420:23: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void AuthVerifyPassword::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:462:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:463:23: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void VaultPlayerCreate_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:518:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:519:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:520:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void VaultPlayerRequest_Verify::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:588:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:589:30: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In function ‘bool string_output(std::ostream&, const VaultNode*, VaultNode::datatype_t, vault_bitfield_t)’:
db_requests.h:707:41: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:715:22: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void VaultCreateNode_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:1180:53: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void VaultCreateAge_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:1373:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:1375:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:1377:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:1379:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:1381:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:1383:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void VaultAgeList_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:1458:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void VaultGetScore_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:1629:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void VaultCreateScore_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:1703:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void MarkerGameCreate_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:1874:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void MarkerGameFind_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:1945:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void MarkerGameRename_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:2001:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void MarkerGameAddMarker_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:2097:37: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h:2098:16: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void MarkerGameRenameMarker_Request::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::transaction<>, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:2149:27: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void VaultGetAgeByUUID::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:2483:25: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void GetGlobalSDL::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:2774:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
db_requests.h: In member function ‘void GetVaultSDL::operator()(std::unary_function<pqxx::nontransaction, void>::argument_type&)’:
db_requests.h:2826:6: error: ‘sqlesc’ is not a member of ‘pqxx’
make[1]: *** [backend_all.o] Errore 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rael/Myst/MOSS'
make: *** [all] Errore 2
This was done on OpenSUSE 11.4 x64... Maybe the problem is with the architecture?
rplawrence

Post by rplawrence »

I can't really help with OpenSuse, I built mine using Ubuntu Server 10.10.

From the errors, it looks like your missing all or part of Postgresql Server development rpm(s). You might also check if libpqxx needs to be installed separately. Try the server development packages first.
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

https://foundry.openuru.org/jira/browse/MOSS-4

This is next on my list, but I'm not sure when I will manage to work on it. I am still doing my taxes. :(

I just love it when utilities remove functionality. You should be fine if you use pre-3.0 libpqxx.

- a'moaca'
Rael

Post by Rael »

I'll make an Ubuntu server VM, just to test the whole thing...
I'll keep you updated!

Addendum: Do you think that as soon as you fix that bug my error will disappear like a bad dream?
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

Hopefully the problem is fixed in changeset 7. Please let me know whether the bad dream disappears or not.
Rael

Post by Rael »

The problem seems fixed. Congratulations for the good work, and I hope I have helped :D

Return to “MOSS”