LiveBahroCaves_District_BlueSpiralCave.prp

Discussions About MOSS (Myst Online Server Software)

Moderators: a'moaca', rarified

MercAngel

LiveBahroCaves_District_BlueSpiralCave.prp

Post by MercAngel »

i was testing server out and install new client from Cyan on another computer and this files LiveBahroCaves_District_BlueSpiralCave.prp is missing from MOULa 1.902

but it is in the Manifests.zip file is it safe to delete this from the Mainfest files as i know we can not give out cyan prp's or did cyan miss this file in the last update

my main MOULa client has the files
Mac_Fife

Re: LiveBahroCaves_District_BlueSpiralCave.prp

Post by Mac_Fife »

If you have the PRP on a client PC as a result of running MOULa, then it is OK to copy the file to another client installation on that PC for use with open source.

What you can't do (just now at least) is host any of Cyan's content files on a server and redistribute them. So any of Cyan's content files probably shouldn't be in the manifests for a MOSS server.

As for it not being downloaded playing MOULa 1.902, I'm not sure. It maybe failed to download, in which case it would (I think) be fetched the first time you visited the Bahro cave, or it may be missing from the server. It's something we could ask Cyan to check.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
semplerfi

Post by semplerfi »

[edit1]
Made major mistake, please disregard post. :oops:
Last edited by semplerfi on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Thanks semplerfi - That does kind of sound like it's missing from the server then.

Deleteing tos.txt and re-starting the MOULa is the other thing to check - see if that forces a download. If not, then it would definitely look like an omission on the MOULa servers.
Mac_Fife
semplerfi

Post by semplerfi »

Mac_Fife wrote:Thanks semplerfi - That does kind of sound like it's missing from the server then.

Deleteing tos.txt and re-starting the MOULa is the other thing to check - see if that forces a download. If not, then it would definitely look like an omission on the MOULa servers.
Please read edited post.

Sorry - stayed up to late last night testing and am not awake yet.
MercAngel

Post by MercAngel »

ok found a fix download one of the full install from here it will give you the file do not get cyan downloader http://mystonline.com/en/play/

Mac_Fife i tride to play with out copy over the .mbm files create by ManifestCreator but it will not go with out them there or is there a min set you can get away with
other then the .mbm and compile CWE file there nothing else there
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

When I used a demo shard running MOSS, I think the only things in the manifest were UruExplorer.exe, TOS.txt, PhysXLoader.dll, as these were the only things the client needed to fetch from the server.

On the client, I made a copy of the entire game folder I had from MOULa (so you got all the MOULa content*), then copied in the new UruLauncher.exe that had been built to connect to the shard and ran it.

*This is how Cyan expect you to use MOULa as a "data server" for content - The client must first play MOULa to get the content, and after that it is OK for the client to re-use those same files for an open source shard.
Mac_Fife
MercAngel

Post by MercAngel »

ok maybe i said it the wrong way on the MOSS server you have a folder of prifex/file this is the folder where you would but the .mbm and the Data And Client folders where you would but the .gz file
if i do not put any thing in that folder client will not run i get this error in the server logs and client crashes

Code: Select all

WARN file.182350f7:49249: Server tried to mumble to itself about ExternalPatcher.mbm, but no one is listening.
copy that file to server then i get this error

WARN file.182350f7:49256: Server tried to mumble to itself about ThinExternal.mbm, but no one is listening.
copy that file over and get this error it it just keep happening with every .mbm file

1303692608.077443  WARN file.182350f7:49265: Server tried to mumble to itself about GlobalAnimations.mbm, but no one is listening.
1303692879.946271  WARN file.182350f7:49284: Server tried to mumble to itself about CustomAvatars.mbm, but no one is listening.
1303693027.384483  WARN file.182350f7:49305: Server tried to mumble to itself about StartUp.mbm, but no one is listening.
1303693251.864479  WARN file.182350f7:49339: Server tried to mumble to itself about AvatarCustomization.mbm, but no one is listening.
1303693460.780709  WARN file.182350f7:49348: Server tried to mumble to itself about Personal.mbm, but no one is listening.
so it looks like every time you link the client ask for an .mbm file for that age and if it not there client crashes

what i am asking is the ManifestCreator the comes with the Moss server creates then .mbm files with info for that prp file in it so if client does not have that prp file and as we can not put Cyan data on server updater crash with can not download update.

is it safe to delete the info for that prp file out of the texts files for ManifestCreator
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

Merc, regarding the client hanging, there was a bug when a manifest is missing, so update MOSS: viewtopic.php?p=4289#p4289

As for the manifests, I believe a minimal set would be ExternalPatcher, ThinExternal, and External. I have a discussion about manifests here: viewtopic.php?p=4099#p4099

I'm fairly confident that the BlueSpiralCave PRP needs to exist. The way to tell is to link to that age (in MOULa). If the client with the file missing downloads the file when linking to the actual age, it just means that Cyan left this file out of the External manifest. That manifest is meant to include all the files the client needs, but it doesn't really break anything if it doesn't. Each age's own manifest will cover the file if it's not in External.

If the file is indeed required, and we verify with Wireshark that it's missing from the External manifest, we could maybe try asking Cyan to fix it.

Also, ManifestCreator skips missing files. So if you leave it in the .txt file and the file's missing, it will simply be left out of the .mbm file.

- a'moaca'
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

It looks like the original issue that spawned this thread was addressed during today's MOULa server restart: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 518#371518
Mac_Fife

Return to “MOSS”