CreateINI tool for GOW Branch of CWE

Discussions About MOSS (Myst Online Server Software)

Moderators: a'moaca', rarified

MercAngel

CreateINI tool for GOW Branch of CWE

Post by MercAngel »

This is a Windows tool for anyone who wants to run MOSS and use the GoW branch of the client. To use, just select the location of the pnNbGameKey.hpp, pnNbAuthKey.hpp, and pnNbGateKeeperKey.hpp files, enter your host addresses for Auth and GateKeeper, the server display name, status, and signup page. Click on create. The tool will create the server.ini files used by the GoW client build.

NOTE: this tool does not encrypt the .ini file. If you want to use the external build, you will have to encrypt the .ini files with PlasmaShop or UruTweak or there may be a tool in the CWE client to do this. Do not use the plFileSecure tool from the client.

http://atlantis.servegame.org/CreateINI.rar
Last edited by JWPlatt on Mon May 16, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typos
Mystler

Re: CreateINI tool for GOW Branch of CWE

Post by Mystler »

Great tool, thanks. I always did it manually.^^

For the encryption, I added the libHSPlasma tools to my path and ran

Code: Select all

PlasmaCrypt xtea server.ini
in the game folder. Works great!

~Mystler
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

Thank you for releasing this! It is far more complete of a tool than what I was plinking away at.

- a'moaca'
MercAngel

Post by MercAngel »

yw
EccentricOne

Post by EccentricOne »

Thanks for the tool! Pardon my ignorance, but do we need use a specific generator when using make_cyan_dh for it to work with CreateINI and the GOW client?

I currently have MOSS working correctly with the plain CWE client. However, I am trying to use an internal client (with the LocalData switch) from the GOW and it acts like the server does not exist. However, I can connect to other servers with it. The MOSS logs indicate that it is getting unrecognized auth and gatekeeper messages so it seems to be a key issue.

Edit: I went and changed the generator numbers in the GOW client source and my problem was solved. It was a simple solution in the end. I will keep this post here for future reference. Thanks again for the tool!
branan

Post by branan »

There's no security reason to ever change the value of G (as long as you have a sane value to start with). As such, we didn't take the effort to make it configurable. There's no real reason *not* to have it be configurable though. We'll take patches if someone wants to do the work there. That INI file format was taken from PlasmaClient, which was written and tested against Cyan's server and early versions of DirtSand. MOSS compatibility wasn't a concern when we designed those INI files, as MOSS hadn't been released publicly yet.
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

Link's broken; I have a backup on my computer, though.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
semplerfi

Post by semplerfi »

Merc is down for a week or so last I heard.
johnsojc

Post by johnsojc »

Suffering the inevitable disk crashes of life, I lost this tool. Does it exist anywhere for downloading or does someone know where there may be some documentation on how to do this by hand? I cannot get MOSS to compile with the --enable-encryption=none flag set (something about undefined references to RC4 in libmoss.so).
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

It’s been a while since I did this so my memory is hazy, but I think the only moderately involved part about it is to base64-encode the keys. I did that in the interactive Python interpreter using the base64 module. Converting between byte-wise hex text and binary representations is easy in Python too, if needed. To check whether you got the byte order and everything right, it helps to try it with a known example such as the MOULa keys.

I just looked in my MOSS server folder and found this, maybe you find it helpful – I’m not sure where the input files that it takes are from, maybe from make_cyan_dh -c:
makeserverini.py

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/env python

import base64

def printkey(infile, outname):
        with open(infile, "r") as f:
                n = list(f.read(64))
                n.reverse()
                x = list(f.read(64))
                x.reverse()
                print "Server." + outname + '.N "' + base64.b64encode("".join(n)) + '"'
                print "Server." + outname + '.X "' + base64.b64encode("".join(x)) + '"'

printkey("game_pub", "Game")
print
printkey("gatekeeper_pub", "Gate")
print 'Server.Gate.Host "10.211.55.2"'
print
printkey("auth_pub", "Auth")
print 'Server.Auth.Host "10.211.55.2"'
print
print 'Server.DispName "Lonqua"'
print 'Server.Status "http://10.211.55.2:14617/serverstatus/urulivelive.php"'
print 'Server.Signup ""'

Return to “MOSS”