Final step

Discussions About MOSS (Myst Online Server Software)

Moderators: a'moaca', rarified

Rael

Final step

Post by Rael »

Ok, all is fine, the server runs, the keys are OK. Log shows everything alright.
Now, the final step: How do I connect the MOULa "standard" client to the MOSS server? Theoretically there should be a "server" parameter to tweak, just like any other MMO game.
Have you got any clues on where I may find that parameter?

Thanks for the support again.
My aim is to make a comprehensive and n00b-friendly guide after I have this final step done, so stay tuned!
MercAngel

Re: Final step

Post by MercAngel »

You can not use the MOULa client you will have to compile your own client from the source code you will have to change the server address in the client code to your server and use your own client keys and compile a client your self. or you can get the GOW client code compile it and use my CreateINI tool to create the server.ini file useing you client keys.
a'moaca'

Re: Final step

Post by a'moaca' »

The issue with attempting to use the MOULa client is that the encryption keys are compiled in. There is no option in the MOULa client to change those keys.

As MercAngel said, you can compile your own with your keys compiled in, or use a build that uses server.ini files.

There are command-line options for the server address.

Code: Select all

/GateKeeperSrv=address /AuthSrv=address
and fill in the correct values for "address". (Hostnames work.) In a simple one-machine shard that address is the same for both.

- a'moaca'

Return to “MOSS”