Fan Ages give Error

Discussions About MOSS (Myst Online Server Software)

Moderators: a'moaca', rarified

gerda

Fan Ages give Error

Post by gerda »

Hey there!

I recently set-up a new MOSS server in my Virtual machine, and it runs well so far. But one problem i have with both Dirtsand also MOSS, is that i always get this error when i manually try to link to any age: "1326303223.826796 WARN auth.4db514c7:54740: AgeRequest failed, result=4"
It's like that with every age, not just fan ages. I usually use my internal client and link there with "Net.LinkToAge agename"
I double and tripple checked the Age file, and it's all in the ages folder on the server..

Any idea what could be wrong?

gerda
a'moaca'

Re: Fan Ages give Error

Post by a'moaca' »

Check your files some more. The server can't find the .age file.

File names are case-sensitive since this is not Windows. If the age is named Personal, linking to personal will not get you there.
gerda

Post by gerda »

i tried that..i took "city" and "Teledahn" as examples, and it didn't work..i can link there through the books tho, so the server finds the age i guess..
gerda

Post by gerda »

okay, now randomly, "Net.LinkToAge nexus" works..it gets me there just fine..although no other ages work..im using the GoW Fork of CWE btw
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Nexus linking is hardcoded in the client. That must be why it works.

Be very careful with the linking commands in the console unless you know exactly what you are doing. Net.LinkToAge uses the kBasicLink linking rule (at least it should). So if it worked it would link you to a new instance of an age but not to your personal ages. For Teledahn you should use Net.LinkWithOwnedBook (if you already visited it) or Net.LinkWithOriginalBook if you haven't visited it yet (but wrong use of LinkWithOriginalBook can break books on your Relto shelf so I do not recommend it). Tsogal or Delin should be linked to from a Neighborhood with Net.LinkWithSubAgeBook, etc.
Yes, linking is complicated and during your experiments you are most likely going to put a few bad nodes into the vault. Why do you want to use this anyway? Then again it's your own shard you're messing with... ;)

Edit: btw, I think this is a client discussion rather than a MOSS discussion since linking through books is not an issue.

Return to “MOSS”