Connecting using External Release client

Discussions About MOSS (Myst Online Server Software)

Moderators: a'moaca', rarified

Lyrositor

Re: Connecting using External Release client

Post by Lyrositor »

Well, I see my work is all cut out from here. I'll start as soon as I can (though exactly when will depend on how much time I devote to studying for my Bac blanc 8-) ).
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
JWPlatt

Re: Connecting using External Release client

Post by JWPlatt »

I want to let you all know that Lyrositor has done a really great job of reporting what we can all learn from his challenges to get a shard operational. That's one of my mantras here: If you have a problem or complaint, do your best to offer a solution too. And I think there's a bit more to learn here from how we can work with each other.

Here's his thread about it:
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=737

I also want to heap on a little more praise because part of open source, and being human, is about credit and letting people know when they do good (and well - there's a difference). I have to admit that when Lyrositor "arrived," he was quite annoying in the way he would flit from place to place like a buzzing mosquito doing things that required our attention on his singularly-minded and thorough approach to opening a new shard - something, I will add, that will contribute to the success of MOSS; along the way, he tried to improved things. He was described as maybe eating too much sugar. :lol: I rolled back one of his larger wiki page edits, but made suggestions that would make his work more acceptable. There were a couple other little things, but he never once complained about how we managed his work. He instead learned from it and modified his own behavior upon request to produce better work. And he did so enthusiastically. I can't say enough about how really nice, despite all that sugar, and encouraging it is to have such positive responses on a project. Project leaders really appreciate it when contributors make their lives easier - not harder. So: well done to Lyrositor. He did good here.

Finally, the significance isn't lost on me that Lyrositor is using the H'uru client on a MOSS shard. That's fantastic. It's a testament to the quality and professionalism of a'moaca' and cjkelly's work in creating MOSS, and it is representative of the efforts and progress both of our disparate groups have made to be cooperative and more helpful to each other. So thanks again to Lyrositor for bringing something positive and progressive to the community.
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “MOSS”