ACCOUNT HIJACKED - SITE/FORUMS RESTORED FROM MON, FEBRUARY 8

Discussions about administration, management, technology and development

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

JWPlatt

Re: Thinking about infrastructure

Post by JWPlatt »

Got it, thanks! I'll take a look at the database. Cool. Anyone else can as well.

I figured the raw data would compliment the feed data, so might as well get started. And feeling mostly responsible, I didn't want to leave it for everyone else to clean up all this mess.

I like it better when THESE things happen. ;)
Perfect speed is being there.
Dot

Re: ACCOUNT HIJACKED - SITE/FORUMS RESTORED FROM MON, FEBRUARY 8

Post by Dot »

Thank you, all, for recovering and sorting all this out. :)

I had spent quite a bit of time working on the preambles for the Hypergrid project, so am relieved that the posts have been resurrected, as it were.
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

Me too... me too... thanks for your work JWP.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I think we're all grateful to JWPlatt for his effort to restore the posts and especially to Christian Walther for volunteering the material that he'd collected from the news feeds. We didn't get 100% of the posts back, but we certainly seem to have got enough to reconstitute the flow of the threads, with only one or two obviously missing posts now.

Before Christian's offer, I felt a bit depressed about the prospect of trying to reconstruct the week's posts, and just kept thinking "later...", which can probably be translated as "I'll likely never get round to it".

One confusion that we can't really do anything about is that any external links that used to point to posts that were initially lost will now point to different posts, simply because the post ID's will have resumed from the point of the database restore. The result is that although we recovered most of the posts, they won't have the same post IDs that they did before.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “Domain Development”