Introductions for Shard Testers

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Tai'lahr

Introductions for Shard Testers

Post by Tai'lahr »

Welcome Minkata shard testers!
Please post here and tell us a little something about yourself: avatar name(s), KI #(s), hood name, etc.
We'd also be very interested to know how you found out about the shard testing and why you decided to sign up.

Tai'lahr - KI #1023, DRC(1)
Tailahr - KI #21361, DRC(5)

I signed up for shard testing because it seems like a fun way to make a contribution towards getting improvements to MOULa. Plus, I'm considered a good lab rat by the OU team due to my talent for technofeebleness. They figure if I can do something, then anyone can. :D
Marten

Re: Introductions for Shard Testers

Post by Marten »

Marten.

Marten - KI #20776, DRC(5).

I'm here because I recognize that a stable testing shard is vital to future development of Uru.
The music is reversible, but time is not.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Christian Walther – KI #3032, DRC(1)
Lawreth Stirincha – KI #3434, DRC(1)
christian walther – KI #30768, DRC(6) (likely to be deleted eventually)

I’m here because I like to have my fingers in everything related to open-source Uru, and because I’m interested in getting my own contributions tested and eventually into MOULa. I’m following things pretty closely and so knew about Minkata before it was open to the public, and signed up as soon as public signup was announced.
catherwood

Post by catherwood »

well, i felt like an idiot not being able to find the "Reply" button -- until i remembered about needing to join a Users Group. (I say this for the benefit of my fellow idiots out there)

catherwood -- KI# (00018203) -- DRC(5)

I've played a lot of versions of Uru over a lot of years, so I was compelled to join another one. If this helps get us new (and stable) content down the road, I'd love to get an early peek at it. I'm currently unemployed, so I have the time to poke around. I hope there will be enough users on at one time in the future for me to tap into completing those "cooperative play" areas. Oh, and I probably heard about this from either the official MOUL forum or the now-in-stasis Uru Obsession.
Last edited by catherwood on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
00292608 on MOULa now 00310046
00018203 on Minkata
00040424 on Gehn
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Mac_Fife - Ki #427, DRC(1)

I don't really consider myself one of the "old hands" as far as Uru is concerned, at least not compared to some - I missed the original Uru Live beta and all the Until Uru stuff, arriving just in time for the start of GameTap MOUL, during which time I made a nuisance of myself trying to help folks get round some the network issues many of us had then.

I'm here because I test things - it's what I do. Or more accurately, these days I tell other people how to make the things they create easier to test :P ... So a shard dedicated to testing is a natural place for me to end up!
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
sut

Post by sut »

HI ALL
its great to be testing!! I just love doing it, course most of the bugs I find have already been reported !!!! I finally found this by looking in this forum just by chance
sut Ki # 14692
DRC 4
Nev'yn

Post by Nev'yn »

Personally, I planned to not set foot in the Mikata shard until GoMe needed me to. But, Tai invited me, and also feels I'm a great "end user". (Because I hate using technology...Ironic, I know.) Oh, and because I was promised a chance to break any future Ki-upgrades.

(Do you have any idea how much my job @GoMe uses that thing!?!)

I can't wait!!!

Nev'yn
KI# 23861 / DRC (5)

P.S. Can somebody also send me an Invitation to the Messengers group?
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Nevyn's Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Thanks for posting, everyone. Testing should be fun and if we don't get a chance to see each other in the cavern, then the forum is the next best place to meet each other - and maybe make arrangements to meet in the game.

@catherwood: Perhaps you could start a thread here for people to make plans with each other to get together to work on those areas that require groups or other assistance. I think there are plans for a stress-test soon and, if you had it in place before then, you could promote it when there are a lot of people together for that.

@Nev'yn: I'm glad you decided to come on over. Leo must be watching this forum closely because I just checked and you're already in the Messengers group. :)
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Tai'lahr wrote:@Nev'yn: I'm glad you decided to come on over. Leo must be watching this forum closely because I just checked and you're already in the Messengers group. :)
:P I read the OU forums daily and to be sincere I wasn't even aware that there was a Messengers groups here, and I am even it's leader! But when Nev wrote about it I went looking for it :lol:
janaba

Post by janaba »

Hello, everyone,

I finally registered here as you see and I'm glad I'm through that process haha ... /wave ... :D

As Tai'lahr said, testing should be fun and I've had lot of fun so far and as time permits I'd
like to go on testing ... I found out about this new shard as most of you, through the MOUL
forums and the AGM and it seems like a great contribution to further developments and
enhancements for MOULa while relieving Cyan and providing them with ready-made solutions,
patches and bug-fixes etc... My KI is in my signature ... See you all soon, maybe, for the stress-test ... :)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”