JIRA downtime Sunday 3/4/2012 4pm US/Mountain

Repositories, Code Review, Bug Tracking, Feature Requests, Builds, Management, Support & Use

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Bugtracker Resource Managers

rarified

JIRA downtime Sunday 3/4/2012 4pm US/Mountain

Post by rarified »

There is a new version of JIRA I wish to bring to the Foundry this afternoon.

It is a significant upgrade this time (from 4.x to 5.0), so it may take a while. I'll be starting the process around 4pm US/Mountain, and it likely will carry over into the evening.

Only JIRA is affected with this downtime, the repositories, Fisheye, and Minkata shard will all continue to operate normally.

I'll post here when the upgrade is finished (perhaps along with a summary of some of the new goodies in this version of JIRA 8-) )

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
rarified

Re: JIRA downtime Sunday 3/4/2012 4pm US/Mountain

Post by rarified »

JIRA has been updated to version 5.0, and is now available.

Version 5.0 adds a number of capabilities to link JIRA issues with specific code commits and commit comments, both in hosted repositories, as well as the public repository services such as both BitBucket and GitHub, through special plugins.

I have established the connections between JIRA and the OpenUru BitBucket repositories. I will ask the H-uru team if they will allow linking between GitHub and our JIRA instance (it will require configuring an OpenAuth token that GitHub can use to call back into JIRA when changes are committed into GitHub).

When you next log into JIRA, you will be offered a popup window tour of some of these new features. Bear with me, it will take a few days of experimenting to see what these capabilities really can offer.

Thanks!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “Foundry (JIRA/Fisheye/Crucible or Mantis)”