Minkata possible downtime this weekend (Jan 31, 2015)

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata possible downtime this weekend (Jan 31, 2015)

Post by rarified »

There's been some rumbling in the cavern as of late. I'm sending in some engineers to investigate.

It's possible the Cavern (Minkata) as well as the property around the cleft (Foundry) will be going up and down a bit this weekend somewhat unexpectedly.

It's all for a good reason. 8-)

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Treehugger

Re: Minkata possible downtime this weekend (Jan 31, 2015)

Post by Treehugger »

how exciting! :mrgreen:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
angelmyst17

Post by angelmyst17 »

Whatever you do out there, just be careful. Angelmyst IC is somewhere under the Cleft on one of her crazy adventures.
Oooo need to update my signature..wrong KI.
The aura remaining when I leave the Cavern KI 37385
janaba

Post by janaba »

I just logged in to see if it'd be at all possible to do so, because I was wondering why my signature on the MOUL forums indicates that Minkata is down, while the OpenUru cavern status says it is 'Open for exploration'' ... :geek:

Oh, forgot to mention that I could log in lol, and we are still on Minkata.77 ... :D
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

janaba wrote:... I was wondering why my signature on the MOUL forums indicates that Minkata is down, while the OpenUru cavern status says it is 'Open for exploration'' ... :geek:
That's a good question - I wish I had an answer :?
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

It's quantum entanglement and someone needs to observe it to resolve the state.
Perfect speed is being there.
rarified

Post by rarified »

The status message is statically stored with MOSS (our server) so it can be out of sync with the current server state. It still may bounce a bit for a while so don't be surprised.

_R
janaba

Post by janaba »

All that just came to my mind was to compare the sources of those two graphical indicators, which are

http://www.openuru.org/sitestyle/img/led-green.gif - for the OpenUru status indicator and

http://www.openuru.org/tools/minkstat.gif - for the one in my MOUL forums signature ...

everything beyond the obvious is rarifieds business ... :D

Edit: posted simultaneously with you, rarified ... ok, I was just wondering ... :)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

JWPlatt wrote:It's quantum entanglement and someone needs to observe it to resolve the state.
Actually, I was only thinking that maybe the Cron job that checks the MOSS state had stopped running. :lol:

EDIT:Ah! Got it! - it's a misunderstanding. The status message you see on most of the OU website (such as above these forums) is for the main MOULa cavern. If you want to see the Minkata shard status you need to look at the Foundry pages, e.g. http://foundry.openuru.org/
Also, the particular mini-widget that Janaba is using in her MOUL forum signature can only show either "open" or "closed" - rarified has set the state at "restrictions" which gets reported as "closed" - there are more details on the wiki page for the widget: http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... ini_Widget (you can substitute "minkstat" for "cavstat" throughout that article). It's a long time since I created those widgets - I'd forgotten how they worked :roll:
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

I've received word from the engineers: They found the passages down from the fissure to the Cavern were narrowed by a cave-in. This has been preventing explorers from bringing tools and supplies down to continue the restoration work.

Work is underway to clear the passages and once again allow explorers and engineers to resume work on the restoration.

More information when it surfaces. ;)

_R

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”