Minkata Shard Update December 14th, 2015 (Build 82, updated to Build 88)

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: Minkata Shard Update December 14th, 2015 (Build 82, updated to Build 88)

Post by rarified »

charura wrote:Just wondering if there was any head-way on my specific problem?
Not yet I'm afraid -- :cry: -- March has been a taxing month, both work and home related. I haven't been able to carve out more than a few minutes occasionally to make sure things are still running.

When I finish tax preparation work this week I should be able to allocate more time to you and Minkata in general. There is a long list of To-Do things here and your problem is near the top of the MOULa list.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
zeke365

Post by zeke365 »

When I was playing in the minkata shard I noticed something in Gahreesen. There a glitch on the top of the first building, go to the archway way you would normally jump and let spin you in the back away from the second building. Now between the trees and rocks mid back can't really tell since it moving you will see line go through the middle of the screen, what is the scene does not match together but it for a brief section. This also evident all the shards and MOUla to. here a picture though you may want to use light enhancers to see what I m saying [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http:// ... .jpg[/img]
upload img[/url]
rarified

Post by rarified »

Thanks! I'll take a look the next time I'm over there.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I'd guess this is probably an artefact of the age and nothing to do with the shard or client, since you say it is apparent across shards (although other explanations are possible too). If it is the age data at fault then there's not a lot that can be done without Cyan's involvement.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

Getting odd intermittent patcher fails when logging in. IT's especially odd when in jams full, I use Task Manager to kill it, and Minkata shard starts up. Tonight, was in earlier, went over to Deep Island, came back and now: ooops, it's back up. It was something about server failure 9. I did use Task Manager to make sure nothing URU was running and still got the error.
Gotta go, catching a pod.
Back to most common fail. Patcher comes up, line fills all the way across and stops, locked. Task Manager says it's running. I delete the task and Uru explorer immediately comes up (also on Task Manager) and game starts, updates, and runs.
New subject: I've done all the testing I can alone with a new explorer. Descent still broken same way. Teledahn dock is back. Library stone link to Kadish Tolsa is gone. Everything I tested works. Next test will be done from Windows 10 in a month or two.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I haven't seen the patcher fail in that way, seems like the patching is complete enough that it's ready to launch the explorer but doesn't quite manage to do it. Maybe rarified will be able to identify something in the server logs. I know he's been working on fixing the database issue that's causing the Descent problem.
Mac_Fife
zeke365

Post by zeke365 »

I know someone probably already fixing this problem but I thought I address it here, the pictures are the order it goes in when I log into the minkata shard each time.

Now between here I get uru has stop working. (could not get print screen for it) then down below I get this picture

then I runs as if everything is normal.
Last edited by Mac_Fife on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed tags on images.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I think what you're seeing is very similar to the problem hhhenry describes, just that the timing of things is different. I'm sure that it's the patcher that is throwing the "Uru has stopped working" error but in your case it is happening well after the patcher has spawned uruexplorer.
Mac_Fife
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

Still same problem. Go to Minkata shard. Launcher launches and then jams. Use Task Manager to end task. 15 sec pause and the shard starts right up beginning with the agreement and update. No problems after that
charura

Post by charura »

Tried again....Same results :cry:

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”