Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: Adding Fan Content to Minkata -- A Planning Thread

Post by rarified »

Hi Doobes...

First hiccup with integrating your age.

When packing your Python scripts along with the others, I'm getting an error:

Code: Select all

==Packing GoMePubNewPageDefs.py, ......blast! Error during run-code!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GoMePubNewPageDefs.py", line 20, in ?
    plyrName = PtGetLocalPlayer().getPlayerName()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getPlayerName'
The only difference between your scripts and others that use PtGetLocalPlayer() is that the others import classes from PlasmaKITypes which you do not.

If you have seen this before, let me know how you resolved it.

Thanks,
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

What tool are you using here? What is that tool trying to do – run the code that it’s packaging? If so, does it do that in a full Plasma environment where all API functions are properly implemented? If not, I’d say that tool is broken (or limited to simple cases).

I’m not sure how kosher it is to call PtGetLocalPlayer() at import time and expect a non-None result (are we guaranteed to have a player at that time?), that would be a question for someone more familiar with the Plasma Python API to answer. However, it seems like that variable plyrName is never used in any of the scripts, so that line could simply be removed. This file looks like Doobes was using some template written by someone else, and not making use of all its capabilities.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

This is clearly plPythonPack, and I would guess we are looking at D'Lanor's book template. This file is not present in the Gehn version because there are better ways to have journals in MOUL. Perhaps Doobes mistakenly sent the PotS python?
rarified

Post by rarified »

Yes, it was plPythonPack built alonside all of the build 88 artifacts.

Yes, plPythonPack does attempt to "run" the code inside a Plasma environment. The "no attribute" exception is noted on several other scripts that use PlGetLocalPlayer() references, but none of them cause a fatal exception except the GoME pub. I'm not familiar with the different templates between PoTS and Uru so I can't identify which one Doobes has used. We'll have to wait to hear from him.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Gehn may well have a better way of dealing with journals but for the foreseeable future the Cyan server isn't going to change so we just need to work with that. It's part of the purpose of Minkata to weed out such unexpected incompatibilities and then to work with the creators (and anyone else with relevant knowledge) to get to something that Cyan can readily use with minimal effort. Hopefully, this won't turn out to be a big thing to fix anyway.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Might want to read my post again carefully. I said MOUL has a better way of doing journals than PotS. This file is not included in the Gehn version, so I think Doobes accidentally sent you the PotS python (which works fine in MOUL, it just may not pack correctly). Let's get clarification from Doobes.
Doobes

Post by Doobes »

Yes, sorry. I might have been a bit too thorough when I zipped those files up. Disregard ALL the Python files. IIRC, everything is handled by global scripts now.

Apologies for any confusion.

[NOTE: edited to better clarify things]

EDIT 2: Also, let me know if the SDL is working as well. It handles the state of the storeroom doors and I'm unsure if that was also erroneously saved for PotS. PlasmaShop is...not my strength. :P
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Hoikas wrote:Might want to read my post again carefully. I said MOUL has a better way of doing journals than PotS.
Ah, OK, I thought you were saying that Gehn had a better way of doing it (which wouldn't have surprised me). My bad.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

;)
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Doobes wrote:Yes, sorry. I might have been a bit too thorough when I zipped those files up.
All part of testing and refining the submission process. That's what this is for.
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”