Adding Fan Content to Minkata -- Implementation

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Adding Fan Content to Minkata -- Implementation

Post by rarified »

Sorry for the long delay on updates, but have made a lot of progress.

I've got our beta server up and running with an Internal client, have loaded all of the GoMePubNew elements on the server, and performed the database setup as best as I can determine for a new age.

However, I am encountering a problem when a client references the age. The client insists on providing a new UUID for the age every time it requests the age, and it never matches the age UUID in the database. Therefore the age load fails for the client.

I must be missing the significance of one of the fields in the age or ageinfo entries. They are displayed below:

Code: Select all

nodeid	createtime	modifytime	creatoracctid	creatorid	uuid_1	uuid_2	filename
192,265	2017-03-16 14:53:22	2017-03-16 14:53:22	8afc208e-12f2-4f53-9056-d841ade64b9c	192,265	8afc208e-12f2-4f53-9056-d841ade64b9c	[NULL]	GoMePubNew
ageinfo

Code: Select all

nodeid	createtime	modifytime	creatoracctid	creatorid	int32_1	int32_2	int32_3	uint32_1	uint32_2	uint32_3	uuid_1	uuid_2	string64_2	string64_3	string64_4	text_1
192,270	2017-03-16 14:53:22	2017-03-16 14:53:22	8afc208e-12f2-4f53-9056-d841ade64b9c	192,265	0	[NULL]	-1	192,265	0	0	8afc208e-12f2-4f53-9056-d841ade64b9c	[NULL]	GoMePubNew	GoMePubNew	[NULL]	
Someone who has set this up on a different server, what did you use for any of the age-related table entries?

Thanks ... as I said in the AGM, we're >< this close!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Christian Walther

Re: Adding Fan Content to Minkata -- Implementation

Post by Christian Walther »

I have no idea, but I can give it a try myself when I get the time. Am I understanding correctly that what you are trying to do is to create a global instance of the age? And how are you trying to link there (specifically, with what linking rule)?

Is this (minus Python) still the current set of files?
rarified

Post by rarified »

Yes, those are still the "current" files, and you (and I) shouldn't use the enclosed Python.

I did install the age as a global age assuming it was meant to be a meeting place. I was linking to it with the internal client plasma console command "Net.LinkToAge GoMePubNew" from the Relto age.

_R
rarified

Re: Adding Fan Content to Minkata -- A Planning Thread

Post by rarified »

Thanks --- I did not appreciate the full difference, assuming LinkToAgeInstance was a per-user instance. Will try this one!

_R
Christian Walther

Okay, small step of progress: I ran into exactly the same issue until I noticed that the GoMePubNew.age file I put into game/age/ was encrypted, while MOSS apparently expects unencrypted files there. I decrypted it and now I can link, although now the client crashes (stackdumps) while loading the age. Will debug that later.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Mod note: Split from "A Planning Thread".
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Christian Walther

Progress report before my weekend is over:
  • GoMePubNew.py is needed after all, but (probably) not the rest of the Python files.
  • There appears to be something wrong with the PRP files that Deledrius suspects to be caused by the presence of unused materials that are erroneously exported by Korman. They happen to work on a H-uru release client (as tested on Destiny) because it ignores the errors. That may also be the case on the CWE-ou client, however I’m not getting that far because it crashes for a probably different and not yet completely investigated reason.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Hi, it's all gone quiet again - I was hoping that the new Beta shard might be opening sometime soon (tm) , and I've been checking the forums just in case, but no news :( A progress (or lack of it) update would be welcome :)

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Hi Treehugger!

There has been a little progress "behind the curtains" for client updates to be ready when Cyan/Chogon has a bit of time to accept them for MOULa.

But content stuff hasn't moved much. I've been preoccupied for the last two weeks with a sick dog, and had not had time in big enough blocks to remember where I was and do something useful in getting progress.

Things should get back to a more "normal" state soon, although I don't think there will be a big announcement like the Beta server at AGM.

_R

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”