Minkata Shard Update May 15, 2017 -- Build #121

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata Shard Update May 15, 2017 -- Build #121

Post by rarified »

Ok, this time for sure!

Minkata has been updated with a new client to resolve all of the code review issues, build #121.

Only thing to check is whether you have issues with login again.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Treehugger

Re: Minkata Shard Update March 25, 2017 -- Build #100

Post by Treehugger »

Hi, rarified, I just logged in ok, visited Descent, moved a hood up to the top of the list in the Nexus, swapped to a different avvie; and all looks good! :mrgreen:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Always on top of things as usual, Treehugger! :mrgreen:

Thanks!
_R
rarified

Post by rarified »

And to wrap up this thread, Buildl #121 has been delivered to Cyan as Build OpenUru#138!

It will need to be checked on Cyan's test server for sanity, and then on to MOULa.

Thanks All!
_R
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

cool 8-) well done everyone :D

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Annabelle

Re: Minkata Shard Update May 15, 2017 -- Build #121

Post by Annabelle »

Thank you!

Just one question, you didn't change anything to physics, right? In that case the Skydiving Client will be also updated when Cyan will release the new build.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

The changes are those listed here (with the exception of the Minkata specific items): http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... under_Test
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I wasn't sure where to post comments on testing the version on the Cyan test server, so do please move this if it's in the wrong place. Maybe the following link should be posted on the MOULa forums and I could comment there instead?
Mac_Fife wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:49 pm The changes are those listed here (with the exception of the Minkata specific items): http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... under_Test
So: using my Win10 laptop, I was able to log in; I got the double warning when I tried to delete an avvie; Descent seems to be working; the Ki text seems to have shadows where it ought to; I was able to bump a hood to the top of the (very short) list :lol: . I will keep playing around, and will try out other things from the wiki list to the best of my ability.

There are quite a lot of things missing - sparklies, reward clothing, the guild t-shirts, some relto pages, some GZ markers, some bahro stones (eg I can't check the spy cave and Phil's Relto) but I assume these are known and nothing to worry about.

A couple of things I noticed so far: when I completed the first half of the GZ markers, I got the link in the Nexus but I didn't get notified via Ki chat that there was a new link. And the text margins in Ki chat and for Ki commands are different, so the chat looks a bit messy to my eyes, though maybe this is deliberate.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I haven't noticed the KI text margins, but I did those first GZ markers last night and did get the message in KI chat about the link being added to the nexus.

Yes there are few things that aren't set up the same as in MOULa. It's probably not intentional and I wouldn't say they're all known about, but you're right that they're not generally anything to worry about unless they're baulking you from getting somewhere you need to go. Maybe it'd be good to have a thread somewhere to list the things that are different from MOULa, so that Cyan can fix them if necessary.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Treehugger wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:20 pmThere are quite a lot of things missing - sparklies, reward clothing, the guild t-shirts, some relto pages, some GZ markers, some bahro stones (eg I can't check the spy cave and Phil's Relto) but I assume these are known and nothing to worry about.
Right. FYI - The MOULa Beta server is a very small server instance and it can go up and down without notice and vault wipes are possible, albeit pretty rare. Vault options for such items as you list are unimportant until Cyan needs specifically to test their operation. Consider the purpose of the Beta server only for only testing specific updates. It's not worth the time to set up the entire game to exactly mirror the fully implemented MOULa instance.
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”