IMPORTANT! Existing Minkata Installations Require Update

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: IMPORTANT! Existing Minkata Installations Require Updat

Post by rarified »

Thank you Charura. Unfortunately that didn’t give me much illuminating information after all.

If you get a chance, once more open the page http://foundry.openuru.org in your browser. You don’t need to do anything there, just open it once.

Then as soon as you have done that, try starting the Minkata client again. I am looking for network traffic from your machine and will be able to confirm it is you by finding a matching network address in the web server request log and the Minkata server logs.

Thanks!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
charura

Re: IMPORTANT! Existing Minkata Installations Require Update

Post by charura »

Did that and that. It started, but I'm back to my original issue in my first post.
rarified

Post by rarified »

charura wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:17 pm Did that and that. It started, but I'm back to my original issue in my first post.
I'm afraid we're going to have to diagnose this in real time. Your VPN address changed significantly so my network monitor did not capture traffic from your computer and I wasn't able to see whether your client was able to reach my site.

Do you have time today to join a chat on Discord? I'm on MDT, and will be gone from 11am-2pm today, but available other than that time.

Here's an invite link to the OpenUru >> Support chat: https://discord.gg/cvPKfT

It will expire after today.

Let me know,
_R
catherwood

Post by catherwood »

I hopped aboard that Discord link and had a very helpful bit of hand-holding from rarified and the room. Just to pass along my experience: it was all about folder permissions. I'm not logged into my computer as admin, but my user has admin privileges. It didn't work for me to copy files, it didn't work when i created a new /dat/ folder, it didn't work when i copied the folder... I had to clone my entire MOULa folder and subfolders, then replace the UruLauncher.exe with the Minkata version. From that point, getting onto the server was seamless, and the system spent more than 2 minutes to "update" whatever files needed to be touched. Thank you!
00292608 on MOULa now 00310046
00018203 on Minkata
00040424 on Gehn
charura

Post by charura »

I had to clone my entire MOULa folder and subfolders, then replace the UruLauncher.exe with the Minkata version.
What is cloning? This sounds very strange. Can I just copy and paste?
charura

Post by charura »

is there a text blow-by-blow on what you all did? I missed the discord session by about that much
rarified

Post by rarified »

charura wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:29 am is there a text blow-by-blow on what you all did? I missed the discord session by about that much
If you join the Discord channel above the full history of the chat will be available to you.

_R
rarified

Post by rarified »

charura wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:19 am
I had to clone my entire MOULa folder and subfolders, then replace the UruLauncher.exe with the Minkata version.
What is cloning? This sounds very strange. Can I just copy and paste?
Cloning is a term for a complete new copy, rather than one done piecemeal.

_R
catherwood

Post by catherwood »

yeah, that's what i meant. Sorry, 'clone' was my casual term for using Windows to copy a folder from the top down, rather than me creating a destination folder and copying the contents from one folder into the other. This might be a drastic solution that only applies to my computer's set-up.
00292608 on MOULa now 00310046
00018203 on Minkata
00040424 on Gehn
charura

Post by charura »

Okay...so I made a copy of my workable URU Live folder and sent it to a new Minkata Shard folder and removed the Uru launcher file and replaced it with the Minkata launcher file as catherwood did but I'm still getting that same external server file not found error.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”