Minkata Update Build #164 2020.05.03

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata Update Build #164 2020.05.03

Post by rarified »

New update for Minkata and Minkata-alpha:

This should fix the issue of being stuck at the bottom of stairs (a.k.a. "toe-stubbing").

Please check the places you encountered the "sticky" spots and let me know if the problem has been resolved.

Thanks!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Hoikas

Re: Minkata Update Build #164 2020.05.03

Post by Hoikas »

Repeat of something I said in OU discord for testers...

Instead of getting text reports, it would be useful to have screenshots of the location. For really eager testers, they should show the standard view and the physical proxies as well using the Graphics.Show.Physicals console command in Minkata alpha. I believe that linking with Graphics.Show.Physicals enabled will crash the client, so don't do that
rarified

Post by rarified »

Yes, I forgot to include that request.

What Adam refers to with “Graphics.Show.Physicals” only applies to testing on Minkata alpha with the internal client. Minkata (prime) is running the “external” client and does not have the debugging console, so on Minkata just provide a screen shot of the sticky spot.

_R
Hazado

Post by Hazado »

Teledahn - stairs inside the building where you shoot the rocks. You get stuck if your running at the top of them. If your walking its fine.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

That one is really hard for me to trigger. I think I saw a bit of errant geometry in the corner, but can't tell for sure.
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

Museum and Great Zero toe stubs are fixed.
Er'cana remains on ONLY the right side of the Pellet Press step up. Tried with two avatars here and in MOULa.

I do not have a website for posting images atm. I can send it via Discord Chat if needed.
rarified

Post by rarified »

HenryMikel wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:08 pm...
Er'cana remains on ONLY the right side of the Pellet Press step up. Tried with two avatars here and in MOULa.
I’m not clear on what you’re describing. Are you saying the Ercana issue is also present on MOULa now?

_R
HenryMikel

Post by HenryMikel »

rarified wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:46 am I’m not clear on what you’re describing. Are you saying the Ercana issue is also present on MOULa now?

_R
Sorry, part of my post vanished. The issue is on Minkata Prime only.
Again, it is only on the right hand side of that final step up before you can open the Pellet Press and take a pellet.
Tried it with two avatars (male & female) and both have the issue on the right 1/3 of the step.

EDIT to avoid double post: At the Ferry link in point, there are three large rocks embedded in the brickwork with a 4th smaller one. You can walk over the smaller one but stub your toes on the three large ones. That also does not happen in MOULa.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Confirmed that my GZ and Library book pedestal toe stubs have gone. Good job!

I also confirm that, running, I get stuck at the very top of the steps from the "gun" into the cave in Teledahn. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa7kayrnj7abl ... ocx?dl=0

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Treehugger wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:59 am I also confirm that, running, I get stuck at the very top of the steps from the "gun" into the cave in Teledahn. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa7kayrnj7abl ... ocx?dl=0
You are getting stuck on the wall -- this appears to be mostly by design (there is some sloppy collision work where the stairs, walls, and floor meet). Move your avatar over to the right to proceed.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”