Put the Python in the repo

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
JWPlatt

Re: Put the Python in the repo

Post by JWPlatt »

D'Lanor,

We'd like you to initiate a review of your changesets. This is sort of a pilot program to see how things work for the process of getting things eventually committed to the main trunk. Congrat's. ;)

What to do:

I had to use Firefox instead of IE to get a gear (to be explained) icon to appear. Maybe anything except IE does it right. Just try not-IE and it'll probably work.

Go to Fisheye and log in:
https://Foundry.OpenUru.org/fisheye

Pull down the Projects menu and choose "MOUL Game Scripts"

On each of your changesets, click on the gear (that I mentioned above) all the way to the right side of the window to get a drop-down menu. Clicking on the changeset gear icon populates some fields for you that you would have to do yourself if you were to use the "Create Review" in the top right corner.

Choose "Create Review"

Please select a'moaca' as your reviewer.

You should be able to follow it from there. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Perfect speed is being there.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

OK, done. Happy reviewing. ;)
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

I merged the GoW security fixes.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Great! Thanks D'Lanor :)

You maybe want to add a comment to the issue in JIRA: https://foundry.openuru.org/jira/browse/MOULSCRIPT-1 (You may be able to claim the assignment, or maybe it needs JW to allocate it).
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Nye_Sigismund

Post by Nye_Sigismund »

I should have checked the forums before making that! :P
Huw Dawson
Team Member
Team OSCAR
rarified

Post by rarified »

D'Lanor, do these include all the GoW changes in their repo? I see 17 changesets there, and there are some file differrences between the two repositories, when your changes are accounted for. Mostly debug output but some others as well in these files:

Code: Select all

./Python/philBookshelf.py
./Python/xChatChannelRegion.py
./Python/xHighLevelStarTrekDoor.py
./Python/xKI.py
./Python/xSimpleImager.py
As I get experience with the plugin, we will be able to bridge automatically between the GoW GIT repository and our Mercurial repository. The GoW content would track on a branch of it's own, and the content will be all in one repo to merge as people see fit. It also will preserve the GoW change logs.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

No, I have merged this package pointed out by Branan. That is not their master branch. And from that I only took the affected files mentioned by Branan.

xHighLevelStarTrekDoor was not mentioned but appears to be part of the security fix as well so it should definitely be merged. Edit: and done.

I see no differences in philBookshelf and xChatChannelRegion other than mine.

xKI contains both my "recents folder" fix and the security fix. I decided not to take the main branch version which replaces all plain print messages with PtDebugPrint. This would have made merging much harder (with my diff tool flashing red on hundreds of lines).

xSimpleImager also has a few PtDebugPrint clean ups but no functional changes.

One thing to be aware of is that as the GoW fork moves further away their Python files may become incompatible when the code expects different prp files and new features.
branan

Post by branan »

We intend to keep all shard-specific changes in branches. Mainline will just be fixes that are compatible with MOUL and/or the general CWE community.

The rest of the fixes are MOUL-compatible as well, but I didn't mention them in my announcement because they aren't relevent to the security fix.

xHighLevelStarTrekDoor isn't used in-game anywhere. We patched it, but it hasn't been tested (because it's not used anywhere)
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Indeed, the museum and library doors were removed because they didn't work properly. So this file may have some future fixes coming anyway.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Ok, on to the next step. It looks like the MOULSCRIPT-4 review is done, involving one file. Edit: It looks like the ball is back in D'Lanor's court for closing out the review, the progress bar shows 96% done. You'll need to click the Summarize button, don't need to add any additional comments if unneeded, but you do need to click 'Close Review'. Can it stand alone to be pushed to the head? I've got a couple of possible avenues for this; the most straightforward would be to enable you for pushing that changeset to head, and have you target your push to MOULSCRIPT rather than MOULSCRIPT-dev.

I'm thinking the future path would be to do this with a branch inside MOULSCRIPT itself, rather than a seperate repo. I'm working on making sure the tools support this paradigm.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “Management”