ToDo: Mercurial Repository

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
rarified

Re: ToDo: Mercurial Repository

Post by rarified »

JWPlatt wrote:I should have said "JIRA" instead of "repo." All was frozen - JIRA, repo, everything - not long after I got done. And it works now, shortly after your post.
I may have found the culprit, albeit a little painfully. During some work on code analysis this evening the whole server shut down hard. Twice.

Found a loose connector on one of the CPU heatsink fans. It was, shall we say, a little warm. I still have the imprint of the heatsink on my hand :shock:

There is likely going to be some wierdness with the tools when you next use them. I'm still getting the startup ordering sequences/dependencies automated, and this was a good test on how much more work that needs.

I think, however, that the CPU will be much happier for the experience.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

If not you. Gosh, is this a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" sort of imprint where you could count and measure the depth of the fins? ;)
Perfect speed is being there.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I think I'm finally ready to try moving the foundry to the new ISP. I have to bounce the whole foundry VM (actually zone) to reset the routing paradigm, and it will take a while for new addresses to propogate around DNS.

I know a'moaca' and cjkelly1 were checking in stuff this afternoon, and I don't want to interfere with that. Give me a shout if you can't tolerate a bounce around 9pm MT tonight. I won't reset the DNS address till then, but I've set the TTL to 30 mins so it may take 30 mins for updated addresses to appear.

Thx
_R
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

Go ahead whenever. We're done until tomorrow, it seems.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I think the foundry is back up. DNS has been updated ... give http://foundry.openuru.org a try. It should resolve to 70.91.173.88. If the name hasn't propogated yet, give the raw IP address a try.

Let me know your impression about responsiveness over the new connection.

_R
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Initially, JIRA was looking really slow, and my browser even hung up altogether at one point, but I think this could have been a combination of a) the normal lunch time heavy load on my office WAN and b) out-of-date cache in our web proxy/firewall following the IP change: Tried again after 1 PM and it all seems quite zippy :) .
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

For info, I just did a fresh pull of CWE into a new folder using Workbench - took 65 seconds for the pull, after discounting the time taken to set up the repo URL, etc.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

Mac_Fife wrote:For info, I just did a fresh pull of CWE into a new folder using Workbench - took 65 seconds for the pull ...
Thanks Mac .... that's more in line with what I was expecting.

Given the throughput, I may not even set up a turnstile. Just set a queueing priority on the foundry traffic that let's me get something else done occasionally. My only concern now is variability in B/W depending on time of day, something cable is notorious for.

_R
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Be aware this news will be larger than just the community at hand. It will go out on gaming sites and at least hit those news services. Also, a significant list of other developers should be very interested in looking at what was Plasma. I would not risk underestimating the barbarians at the gate.
Perfect speed is being there.
rarified

Post by rarified »

FYI I have archived the CWE-work repository and will remove it from the CWE project. After the launch I'll clone the CWE-review repo and set up permissions and linkages.

_R

Return to “Management”